Friday, June 20, 2008

Life Changes: School and Work Insanity


So, wow, interesting week and a half, lemme tell ya…


First:

I GRADUATED!!!!


Wahoo! I am officially a college grad…and only .04 GPA below graduating cum laude :( C’est la vie, oui?



Yeah, that graduation thing was an experience…between the sheer insanity of trying to get my family and friends organized to get to the various events on time and then my poor mother falling during the ceremony and splitting her knee open…well, let’s just say that I definitely enjoyed the whole relaxing on the beach while drinking margaritas on Sunday for my grad party.


Second:

Remember my blog a little while ago lamenting the fact that I don’t have a job after the 17th? Yeah, well that didn’t really happen.


After I finished my audit on the 17th, my replacement comes up to me and says that he really needs to tell me something and that it’s just between us (well, and now the whole world, but whateva…). As he closes the door to my office I think he’s going to tell me that Tom talked to him and told him that after the audit today he was going to let me go.


Turns out..not so much…


He was pulling me aside to let me know that he had given his notice the night before.


Huh?


Yeah, well, apparently he hit that brick wall that I’ve been bashing my head against repeatedly this last year and a half and decided he just wasn’t the masochist that I apparently am and decided to leave now.


Good for him, I say.


So, fortunately, or unfortunately (depending on how you look at it), I am still employed at my job.


So, I still have a steady income for now (the fortunate part) along with the time off for my two trips: the Alaskan cruise my mom got me for graduation (we leave tomorrow!) and the trip in July to Texas to meet part of my dad’s family.


Of course, this also means that the time off that I was beginning to look forward to isn’t going to happen now (the unfortunate part).


I’m sure Matt’s happier about the steady income part though!

No comments: