Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Freestyle...

So....
This is a momentous occasion.
That sounds trite.
This is a history-changing occasions.
And those of you who know that I am history major KNOW that I do not take that statement lightly.

I am speechless.

Yet I am filled with so many words I do not know which to throw out there first.

There is so much pride in my country for electing such an amazing person.

There is so much pride in McCain for giving the concession speech that should have been his Republican convention speech because it was so fantastic.

There is SO much pride in that we did NOT let the Republican ticket's pandering to us as women decide our vote. Instead we voted with our heads and hearts.

There is SO much pride in that we FINALLY made a decision that makes the world sit up and take notice.

WE ELECTED A MAN WHO IS HALF BLACK, HAS A MIDDLE NAME OF HUSSEIN, AND UNDERSTANDS THAT THE ECONOMY GROWS NOT FROM TRICKLE DOWN, BUT FROM THE BOTTOM UP.

Yay us.

No comments: