Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 4

Caffeine withrawals suck.

Seriously suck.

I've tried taking Coffea Cruda, which helps a smidgen, but does contain caffeine and so therefore is against the cleanse. So, trying to avoid that as well.

Plus, I had my first "colon hydrotherapy experience" yesterday.

Or, as my colon hydrotherapist, Fae, calls it, "the happy hour".

So, being as the colonic was the one really major thing I was NOT looking forward to with this cleanse (obviously wasn't thinking of caffeine withdrawals!), I thought I would let you know how it went...

So, it wasn't awful. It wasn't a spectacular experience, but it wasn't awful.

The Tummy Temple was a spa-like location. Quiet, miniature waterfall, relaxing music, etc. The difference? Each room contained a toilet and the equipment used to suction all the nastiness out of your colon.

The actual process wasn't too bad. It definitely felt weird. But there was no pain.

I do have to say that I basically spent an hour on a table feeling like I had to poop. THAT wasn't too exciting.

But, yeah, nothing to be terrified about.

So, now just to make it throught these headaches and body aches.

Oh, and the diet is actually going ok, other than the ocassional cravings for ice cream, steak, cheese, hamburgers, pizza, etc.

Surprisingly, I haven't had any cravings for alcohol, haven't missed it one bit. THAT is somewhat of a comfort. I wasn't sure that that would be the case. So, yay for small victories!

No comments: